1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Print My Maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkaon, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Arkaon

Arkaon New Member

Is there a way for me to Import an Image and turn it into the map I want and then Print it?

Oddly Enough, I would be willing to pay for the software just for this feature. Lol. Though I would prolly use it later for my Dark Heresy game. (Yeah, I'm a freaking Pioneer and would make it work for DH)

This is however the deciding factor in me purchasing this product, so if you don't already have support for this If you could make it happen then you will have a customer and I will be bringing a much larger customer base with me. (Currently have about 47 people in constant d20 contact. Started the "4.0 Soldier" with wizards for deployed military while overseas getting 4th ed books and I ran a campaign for two years while being shot at)

-Ark

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

When you talk about printing the map, are you referring to printing just the map, or the d20Pro map with creatures on it?

3. Arkaon

Arkaon New Member

I mean I import a map from a file, give it an overlay and edit it a little. Then print it.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

We do not have a feature like that at this time.

You are the first person to even mention it.

You could zoom the map to fit your screen then do a print screen then print it from paint.

5. Arkaon

Arkaon New Member

True. I Hadn't thought of that. Would it be a difficult task to add "Printing" to the software?

(I.E. Would it be probable for me to expect that perhaps later?)

-Ark

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

Currently we have no print features anywhere in the software. Not sure how difficult it would be to add a print feature.

Curious, why would you want to print the map?

7. Arkaon

Arkaon New Member

Sure.

I run a Dark Heresy game and would like to use the program for importing images and putting a quick grid overlay on them and then printing them.

I realize that what i want to use the program for has nothing to do with the program itself or its intended use. However, in the future I would like to implement the program into my gaming as well. Kind of a "Well i can use it for this now, and when I can convince my guys to give it a try I can use it for that later."

-Ark

8. Dan

Dan Member

I would highly recommend using Dundjinni (www.dundjinni.com) or maybe even Paint.net for this.

We have a feature request list that is pretty long, and so far you are the first asking for printing, so it may be a wait. Paint.net is like a simpler version of Photoshop and pretty easy to use, with layers and so on. Dundjinni is a mapping program and an easy one at that.

Worse case, you could post one here and I can slap a grid and title on it in just a few minutes. :)

9. ussugu

ussugu New Member

I too would like to see a print option. As to Dundjinni, the website for ordering the newest version has been down for several months and the older version isn't updating correctly, effectively making that no longer an option.

10. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I believe programs like GIMP which is free you can add a grid to a image.

11. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

you could always do a screen shot using using Ctrl & Prt Sc keys and then post into MS Paint which on every Windows machine. You also might consider using Maptools as that as better map making functions than D20pro but you can't print from that either :)