1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Can't save maps

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Hippy, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hippy

Hippy New Member

I have a bug. I am using CC3 to create my maps for D20Pro and I can load them in the "from file" option, adjust the grid, etc.; However when I go to hit the green check save button ...nothing happens :roll: I am using Vista 64 bit and I have been able to previously load scanned images in as maps, but now I am having this issue. I am using version 2.30. Any help would be appreciated. I just spent hours working on a new map for my next game and I can't save it into D20Pro!

Hippy

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Is there any error message that pops up?

Did you enter a name for the folder where you want to store the map inside d20Pro?

Did you allow enough time for your computer to process the request? (times can be different depending on size of the image, and amount of RAM allocated to Java).

Do you have enough memory allocation to Javaw to process the size of your image file? (How much memory have you allocated to Java?)

3. Hippy

Hippy New Member

I think I need to adjust my file size and maybe the java allocation for memory? I am not a computer guru, but I think the file I was trying to load was too big in size maybe. Is there a upper limit I should be aware of for importing maps? I re-rendered the file in CC3 in a lower resolution and it did import finally, but the picture pixelates when you zoom in to what is comfortable for battle grid viewing on the monitor. Thanks for the fast reply, but to ask you answer your question, No I do not get an error message. It would just sit there and apparently do nothing. Although I think it may have been just taking along time to render the image. Longer than I thought it should, so I thought it was hanging up the machine. I did have a folder and name for the file, but how do I adjust the java RAM?

thanks again,

Hippy

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Java recommends 1/4 of total memory as the upper limit of RAM you can allocate to programs that utilize Java.

So, how much RAM does your computer have?
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

If you have 2 GB of RAM using 64-bit Windows OS, use this...
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MindGene\d20Pro]
    "JVM_OPTS"="-Xmx512m -Xss512k -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -
    Dsun.java2d.d3d=false"
    If you have 4 GB of RAM or more using 64-bit Windows OS, use this...
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MindGene\d20Pro]
    "JVM_OPTS"="-Xmx1024m -Xss1024k -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -
    Dsun.java2d.d3d=false"
    To use:
    1. Create a text file on the desktop, call it "increaseram.reg" or whatever you want to name it.
    2. Copy the code from one above and paste it into your newly created document.
    3. Save.
    4. Open file, accept registry addition.
    5. Relaunch d20Pro.

5. Hippy

Hippy New Member

Thank you very much for the help! I will let you know how it works out..(crosses fingers) :)

Hippy