1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Functionality

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by LordValerius, Nov 20, 2011.

1. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Hello all...

Just stopped in to request the following features for a future release...It would really be great if the chat functionality could be improved upon a bit. My suggestion, as with other internet enabled chat programs, some shortcuts would really be nice since most of us (At least my circle of friends) tend to use /t and /r almost exclusively and having to type /tell each time is sort of silly, in my opinion. Another nice way to support the tell feature would be to allow a user to select a player from the player list in the chat window and open a window with them directly, or allow a new subscription to be created and filter out everyone but the person they are telling with so they don't have to keep typing out /tell each time, because most folks are not the best typists and we constantly have tells going to chat for everyone to see, as the person possibly typed /tellk Soandso "Hey, I just stole some gold from that chest...Hehehe!" and it goes to the general window for all to see LOL.

Just my suggestions...Thanks for considering them.

Val

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, I've ran into this also. I would very much appreciate shortcut commands.

3. Montis

Montis New Member

2 basic things are really needed:

1. if you type "/something" it has to go "unknown command" and not type "/something" in the chat window
    2. press arrow up to cycle through recent send chat messages

after that the shortcut commands /t or /w for tell or whisper, and maybe for bonus something like /r 1dx+x (or /roll)