1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Classes and Spells

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by MattBridger35777, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MattBridger35777

MattBridger35777 New Member

I'm noticing some very odd behaviour in 3.9 with regards to Spells attributed to Classes.
    For example, I imported from a .hld20pro file a Ranger character; level 15. Went to the Spell tab. Noticed the spell list is completely empty. Clicked on Spell List button, got "Error. Unable to open spell list." On the same Spell tab, clicked on Edit button. Spells Prepared and Spells Known tabs are both completely empty of Spells Prepared, Spells Unprepared, Spells Known and Spells Possible; number of spells for each level also empty of values. Opened Rules Library and went to Classes. Searched for and found Ranger and clicked on Edit to see what was in it. Found values in SpellCaster and Spells1 to Spells4.
    Didn't stop there though. I reduced the character's level from 15 down to 12. Used Edit and went back to the Spell tab. Clicked Edit, still nothing in the Spells Prepared tab, but suddenly there's content in the Spells Possible area of the Spells Known tab. Added 4 spells to the Spells Known list. Went to Spells Prepared. The four spells I'd put into Spells Known are now in the Spells Unprepared list. Clicked on each of them to move them into Spells Prepared. Fine and good. Clicked OK. Then clicked Rest. Spells appeared in the list. Applied the changes. Back on the map, I selected the character and pressed "S". Then got "Error. Unexpected exception: com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Druid cannot be cast to com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Prepared."

what OS you are using? Windows 10
    what rules system are you using? Pathfinder 1e
    what version of the software are you using? 3.9

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

can you export the token as well as the corresponding class from the class library and post them here, please?