1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Client is timing out while connecting

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Vehril, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Vehril

Vehril New Member

Hello folks!

I've been using d20Pro for years with a face-to-face group that meets around a custom table I built around a 56" TV. It's been awesome and has truly upped my nerd cred.

Now that the virus has us on lockdown, we're trying to use d20Pro the way it was probably meant to be used, but I'm already running into issues.

I did some testing with one player who downloaded the client to his Mac. I intentionally didn't forward a port at first, to see what would happen. As expected my player didn't get connected. I enabled the forward rule and he did (sorta) connect. My session showed him connecting, but then he had an error to the effect of:

d20pro failed to accessCampaign from judge

I'm wondering if it's something on his side that's causing the issue.

I've attached the player's log here as "clientD20PRO.log" and mine as the other.

Thanks for the help! Hope you're all staying healthy!

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Code:
    [31 Mar 2020 21:11:41,901] WARN   LivePanel_LaunchPlayer    | Failed to initiateServerConnection
    java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out (Connection timed out)
    and

Code:
    [31 Mar 2020 21:32:43,816] FATAL  LivePanel_LaunchAbstract  | Unexpected fatal exception
    com.sengent.common.control.exception.UserVisibleException: Failed to accessCampaign from Judge
    would suggest inbound/oubound coms is at fault in some way. Did you both set exceptions for the app in any security software/firewalls you are using?

3. Vehril

Vehril New Member

Hello again,

We had success today! Sure enough, I thought the firewall was not in play, but Microsoft firewall had to be taught to trust d20pro. Thanks!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

np, happy to serve :)