1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Corrupted Camp File

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7trokes, Aug 22, 2011.

1. 7trokes

7trokes New Member

When I try to launch my campaign, I receive this Error message...

Failed to initialize RES
    Caused by: String index out of range: -1.

I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium

I copied my campaign file, made a fresh install of D20Pro, and tried it again. Epic Fail! I can launch the default 3.5 ogl camp file no problem. So I'm guessing the problem is within my home camp file.

Is my camp totally lost or is there something I can do to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Something is amiss...

Looks like something in your \judge\campaigns\your_campaign\res directory is causing the issue.

Without having the actual files in front of me makes it hard to say exactly what it is. Though, using some troubleshooting techniques you can eliminate the directories that are not corrupt by creating a new campaign directory then just adding one element at a time and seeing if d20Pro loads it without error messages. This method might be shorter than having you upload your entire campaign for someone else to download then troubleshoot then re-upload - though this is a possibility (worse case scenario).

3. 7trokes

7trokes New Member

I troubleshooted as you suggested, and found the problem was in the \judge\campaign\my_camp\res\ManuallySpecified directory. It was either the categoryMetaData.dat or the manifest.dat files. Not sure which, however I replaced them both with the default 3.5 ogl files and it seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks for the help.