1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of features

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Xansereg, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

As my current games progress, my players have brought up a few features they would like to see in D20Pro, so I thought I'd pass them along. Some of these may already be in 2.3 (which I am anxiously awaiting :D ).

A feature for abilities to auto-select the player as a target. We play 4E, and as it stands each time the players want to spend a healing surge, they have to select the ability, then click to target, then target themselves, then click okay. It would be nice if there were a check-box or something in the character editor where you could set it to auto target the player. As the judge, I also find it a little redundent to approve both the 'review player effect', then the 'Apply player effect'. From my side it would be nice to have a check box or something in the 'Review player effect' screen that auto-approved the 'Apply player effect'. (if that makes sense...)

User defineable hotkeys would be nice. Allowing for abilities to be assigned to F1-12, for example, would be very spiffy.

A way for me to allow a player to 'Go Now' without it changing the order of initiative. (This is very minor, right now I just tell them to do an action even though it isnt their turn. It would be nice from the Game Log side, is all)

Private messages that are also private from the judge. I am, myself, on the fence about this one, as I want to see and hear everything, but I understand they want to be able to discuss strategy without their opponent seeing. And I am getting sick of reading my players sending love-notes to each other over the chat (I play with a few couples...:) )

An 'undo' function. Again, mostly just to keep the Game Log accurate.

Well, that's it for now. Again, these are all small things, both I and my players love the software, and we're all become quite proficient with it. Keep up the good work!

Xansereg
    (insert nonsensical comment here)