1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Create campaign

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Levryl, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Levryl

Levryl New Member

It stands to reason when a judge creates a new campaign he does so with a specific game system in mind. It would be nice to have a drop down when creating these new campaigns to select your system of choice and the installer could automaticlly place the game specific text files in. Not that is to hard to do manually, just seems like an easy thing to implement.

2. cyderak

cyderak Member

seconded........

3. Zandari

Zandari New Member

thirded - having to recopy 381 MB of resources and whatnot to each campaign is silly
    Maybe set up one resource bin of some sort that has the ruleset in it, with a creature library, effects library, tiles/icons/etc. Then, set up the individual campaigns so that they refer back to that.

I currently am sucking up all sort of extra space because I have my ongoing Kingmaker campaign in one folder set, my "testing-things-out" campaign in another folder set, my long-running-attempt-to-kill-off-my-brother-in-law's-PCs campaign in another folder, etc. The only difference in those campaigns are the PCs, the maps, and the actual game history. All the other stuff is just repeats of fifty-bajillion icons, creatures, etc.

Quite inefficient.

Zandari

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

This is fair criticism of the existing campaign system in d20Pro. What exists now in v2.x is squeezing the most out of the current architecture.

However help is on the way. We have some improvements to creating new campaigns (including new out-of-the-box options) coming in v2.4 and major architecture revisions in v3.0 that will pave the way for downloadable content and shared resources across campaigns. Please stay tuned!

5. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Excellent!