1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creating A Creature With 5X10 Spacing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodwolf, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

As the subject suggests is there anyway to create a creature with spacing 5X10? Kind of like a horse. I'm attempting to create Abyssal Ravagers and their facing is 5X10.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

In it's current state, a creature will not be able to be displayed in non equal spacings. This is due to D20PRO's original design for 3.5, and Pathfinder that use the 5x5,10x10, etc standard spacings as detailed in these rules systems. Horsed are a prime example, as they are shown as large creatures that are 10x10, even though we all know that they are more shaped like 10x5. I am not certain, but feel like this may no longer be an issue when Unlimited is released. In the mean time, you could just create a tile that has these dimensions, and have the actual creature off grid to use for initiative and character sheet needs (Attacks, saves etc.). You can move the tile around all yu want and it will look like your desired spacing.

3. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Ok. Call me stupid but I haven't created a tile like that and can't seem to find where to do it. Is it in the Game Tools Items area?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's a lot easier to just use transparency on a token, create your horse and add transparency in equal margin to either side of it.. then when you create the token, it still uses 10x10 (area it controls), but it looks 5x10 ... easiest method to handle such things at the moment... and a lot easier than using a tile and then also having a hidden token...

Mat, might chime in here, but yes I believe they will be moving away from the forced "square" tokens in d20pu (thank goodness)...

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Tiles are in draw tools, but it will be a more complex task, requiring an image manipulation program of some variety such as GIMP. The transparent creature image is one way to so it, but you will probably want to work with the tiles at some point, so why not now? It will require finding an image of a horse (top down most likely) on the interwebs. Copy said image into the image manipulation software, alter its scale to fit your needs, save/export it to a file, import the image in D20Pro draw tools Creating a tile) and then you will have a rile to use and size to the 10x5 you require. Easy? No. Empowering, educational and putting you on the way to greater skill? YES! :D it will take trial and error, but there is no better learning than experience.

6. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Cool. Thanks. And I have been using GIMP for my map conversions from Campaign Cartographer 3 so that part should work out well. I'll just use that handy Excel program to rescale to 38 pixels per square and cut the wideth in half to get my 10X5.

Then I save it as a PNG and not a JPG for transparency right? That will be new. So what do I do to the background on those to make it transparent? Or is that in one of the FAQ videos?

7. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Yes, PNG to maintain transparency. Not sure about the videos or FAQ. TBH, I never found the FAQ to go into the detail I was wanting on many subjects.

8. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I agree. The FAQ videos need updated bad.

9. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, everything is looking to get a big update with the Unlimited D20PRO, so with the revamp, the FAQ should get some attention regardless.