1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creating Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minandreas, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

A question regarding items... Didn't see anything about it in the help section

There are 5 basic things to edit. The image, the name, the description, the weight, and the... #...?

What's this # section about? Because they are all blank, and I can't seem to edit it. If I put in any letters, the box goes red and I can't deselect the box till I get rid of it. So no letters allowed I guess. But even when I put numbers in there, the second I hit enter the box ends up blank again. I can't get ANY number to stay in these boxes for the life of me.

So what the heck is it? There are a million uses I could have for it. I'd love it if I could enter how much that items base value is in gold. Or if letters were allowed, I'd like to put what page in the books I could find that item on... Or if it only pertained to in the character screen I'd love to be able to say "how many" of that item the player has...

But as of now its 100% useless to me =P So how do I put values in to this darn field?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The # is the quantity of said item(s). In the Item Library it will not allow you to edit this field. I would use the description field to enter any relevant data you want stored, such as base price, reference page number, and etc.

It should work in the "Item Tab" when the GM is editing any creature. However, I tried and it does not function as it should. This is a bug and should be reported.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I believe this has already been reported somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find the thread. :)

4. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

I found the thread it was in. Sorry for posting about it, it just never even occurred to me that it might be a bug XD. I just thought I was doing something wrong. This thread can be killed.