1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creature duplication bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Tay-Dor, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Something I've been seeing lately where I duplicate a creature I have on a map and the duplicate looks fine until I open the edit sheet and see the sheet of a completely different creature.

Here's an example. Today I am populating a map I made this week with the current build of d20Pro (its not a legacy map). I placed one umber hulk and made three duplicates.
    umber1.png

That top one was the last duplicate. While the others are normal, when I open the edit sheet of the last duplicate, I see the following.
    umber2.png

I don't have a Wyvern anywhere on this map. On a hunch, I checked my ready room map (where I store some pre-generated random encounters) and found one of the Wyvern's there appeared to be selected.
    umber 3.png

When I deleted the duplicate Umber Hulk from the first map, it also deleted the Wyvern from my ready room. I made a new duplicate Umber Hulk and it seems to be working fine.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Here's today's log file.

Attached Files:

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

the duplication I was doing was on a completely new (one week old) map, but I'll check the creatures in my ready room.

All creatures on the other map that was open had 3 digit UIDs.

#4 Tay-Dor, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. cranerat

cranerat Member

I am also having many problems with duplicating and "Entering/Removing from Initiative". I am constantly trying to regenerate the UID's of creatures to fix this bug but most of the time it isn't working to enable control of the creatures. I have tried numerous times with a creature and usually need to delete the creature and then re-add. This has just started happening in the last couple of months so I have no idea when the patch or code change was, but it is causing me to loose much game play time resetting creatures when I cannot remove them from initiative. A am also having the problem when duplicating creatures two things are happening; 1. Not all the creatures (if any) get duplicated when duplicating groups. 2. Cannot remove creatures from initiative. Usually have to delete and re-add the creature which then will display the same inability to remove from initiative later.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

noted and added to the internal, pre beta release bucket. Will report in what we find!

Tay-Dor likes this.
  7. cranerat

cranerat Member

Thanks Owlbear. That's what I like about anyone who has run D20 Pro. You listen and respond. Thanks!

Tay-Dor likes this.