1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Platform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by afedelejr, Mar 6, 2016.

1. afedelejr

afedelejr New Member

Hello. I am contemplating purchasing this software.

I am curious how cross-platform connectivity works. Will a windows pc be able to connect to a mac game?

Also, will I be able to edit a game on my mac laptop, and then be able to pull that same game up on my PC?

Thanks.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. Mac or Linux or Windows all will connect to any hosted D20PRO game.

If you want to edit your campaign on a Mac laptop then edit the same campaign on your home Windows computer, I would recommend a cloud based service such as Dropbox then setup Dropbox to sync automatically on both your Mac and Windows machines.

Solution 1:
    I would install the linux version (which is simple jar and associated files) on the Dropbox. Which will work for both Windows and Mac. This way you don't have to move files from different directories each time you switch from Mac to Win.

Solution 2:
    The other way is to install the native version on each machine and point the campaign override file to the appropriate Dropbox directory.

Both solutions work, just depends on how you want to configure.