1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Custom counter/integer on PCs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Virgil, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Virgil

Virgil New Member

I was thinking it would be nice if a GM could create a custom counter or integer, stored on a PC or other creature. I think I saw a suggestion for an ammo counter on this board, but I was thinking of something with broader applications. The counter name would be universal to all creatures, and could either be created outside of d20Pro and stored in a simple text file, or possibly created within the game itself. By default, a custom counter would be set on all creatures to 0. The players could view the values of the counters under the Status tab of the Mini window. Although the counter would have to be incremented or decremented manually by the GM, counters could keep track of a lot of different things. For example:

• Vitality Points
    • Sanity
    • Non-standard currency
    • Action/Hero Points
    • Psionic Power Points
    • Remaining ammo

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

You could use an ability since the DM can go in and set the current and max at anytime.

3. Virgil

Virgil New Member

I didn't even think of that. :? Setting up an ability with charges would be a great workaround. I'll just have to be careful not to select Rest->All. Thanks!