1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

custom game system question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimstapleton, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jimstapleton

jimstapleton New Member

How much customization is possible?

I have a game system I've designed and I would like to see if I can import it, but it's a bit different from D&D. There are a different number of vital statistics (D&D -> attributes), there are no stat modifiers. Characters also have skills, which have one or more vital statistics added to them (multiplied by 1, 2/3, 1/2 or 1/3). Vital statistics and skills increase by putting XP into them.

Does this sound like something that D20Pro could handle? Does anyone know of a tutorial for this kind of thing? The main tutorials didn't seem to cover it.

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi Jim,

My apologies as it seems your post got lost in the shuffle. We are preparing for GenCon and actually leave in a few hours. I would like to discuss this further with you when I get back. Can you send me a PM or email to nick at mindgene dot com please? I should be back on the 10th of August. We can take a closer look at things then.

Best regards,

Nick

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

depends on how much automation you want out of the system.... I personal revamped as much as i could to to make it work for AD&D 2.0 I can do more if and when updates allow for more option. As of now the ability score are not editable in the way you want them. So the best thing to do is what i did. Set all scores to 10 = mod 0 and in the notes section of character list real scores.

For skill you you can rename skill in the skill.txt if you want. on the character sheet you can then add the skill and increase the mod to what you need it to be. but it means you will have to do the multiplication before hand.

They system does very well of keeping visually what you need. and is very easy to use and edit. it just may be a lot of work. if you battle system works the same as D&D then it will fit very well and you will get a lot out of the automation. if not and it is completely different the program is still usable. the DM can Damage and heal at will to any character. you can set HP to what ever you want.

even if you use this as a map and token display system it will speed up your games.

I know i went form getting 3-4 fights in a night. to 6-10 change because we no long have to draw maps. RP and town search time can reduce this but my group are move thru dungeons a lot faster now. I also have no cheating any more.