1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

D20PRO 2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jrthom1, Oct 30, 2010.

1. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

Greetings Everyone,

The new updates in the upcoming release shown on the home page will make d20pro more flexible. Would it be possible to get a more complete list of the fixes and enhancements before the newer version is to be released?

James

2. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

I have an update on my group situation and another question. In previous posts, I mentioned a group budget to get d20pro. The reply I got was generous. Unfortunately, because of the group situation, we were not able to purchase. My group has not met for 2 weeks due to work and unforeseen factors. I however, will be purchasing for the group so we will have access to a licensed system. I have already purchased a judge license. Eventually, I will be getting 6 judge licenses. If a future update allows player licenses to create characters with the judge's permission, all I will need will be player licenses. I would like to know if I purchase 3 player licenses (which I get the 4th free) I can set the user name at something different for each one, but have them all under the same email address. When I update them to professional, it will be easier on me. Basically, have a user name like jrthom1_P1 for player 1, jrthom1_P2 for player 2, etc. When my group plays, I give them the login information.

Thanks again and please reply as soon as possible.

3. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

If you purchase a Judge license you get two guest slots with it. Each guest slot allows one other computer to connect to the computer running your Judge client, either over a local network or over the Internet. If you purchase 3 more guest slots for your judge client we do give you the 4th free for a total of 6 guest slots. These are all tied to one Judge license so you don't need to give each one a different name. If you purchase a Judge license and 3 guest slots (which gives you a total of 6 guest slots then), you can have up to 6 remote computers connect to your Judge client and the people using those computers do not need to purchase anything. They only need to download d20Pro (which is free) and choose to connect to you as a guest, they don't need to have login information of any kind as all the slots are controlled by your Judge client.

Player licenses are normally intended for people who will play games using d20Pro with multiple different GMs. In the future if we do add more functionality to the Player license then this functionality won't necessarily be available to people who connect using a Guest slot (it might though). We've not had much discussion along these lines so that's really all the info I can give you.

4. LordOgre

LordOgre New Member

You can also tell them to make their characters with herolab or d&d character builder then they can send you the file and you can import them into your d20Pro so they wont need to add that functionality since its is not high priority.

Check the web for Herolab or get a DnD Insider account to get the character builder.

You can also download the character builder on sites like rapidshare but that is illegal.

PM me if you want more info about importing your players' characters

5. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

LordOgre,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a Hero Lab account. I can have them create their characters by hand and send the sheet to me so I can keep track of all characters. This is time consuming. DnD Character Builder is only 4th Edition (from what I have read). My group uses 3.5 with no plans to go to 4th any time soon. We did try 4th Edition once.