1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

D20PRO drops player off line after using Spells/Abilities.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Golkiwu, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Greetings all,

I have a player who, when ever she attempts to use an ability/spell effect, the D20PRO boots her out of the game and then reconnects.

D20PRO is installed in it's own folder under the C: Drive.
    Java is up to date.
    This is repeatable every time she uses an effect/ability/spell.
    She is on a Win 7 Laptop with only Ventrilo running otherwise.
    FYI, this occurred when we were not using Ventrilo as well (Skype before).

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Entola

Entola Member

Re: D20PRO drops player off line after using Spells/Abilitie

What's her connecting ISP type, Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc? Can she run a tracert to your IP address? Is it just when she uses an effect? If she doesn't use an effect, how long is she able to stay connected?

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

She is on DSL as she cannot get any thin else where she is living ATM.
    Trace Route is above her technical expertise.
    If she does not try to use an Ability/Spell/Effect then she is connected for the duration. None of the other players have ever had this issue, and some of them are from the same area on the same type of connection. I believe the issue is connected to her system, not her actual ISP, as it does not drop her off of any other browsers or other such connected programs. I could try to gt with her and do the Tracert, but it will take some doing on her part as this is occurring in a different state than I reside.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm thinking this is a computer or connection issue. I've once had this issue when I used an old ethernet cable - once I switched it out (or used wifi) it instantly improved my connection. It was kinda strange because with the old ethernet cable I was getting 30Mbps down, though only 0.01Mbps up (but most up failed). Once I swapped out I got the normal 16Mbps down/6Mbps up.

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, my player got a new modem due to the other one dying a spectacular death. Low and behold, the issue with her being dropped is now gone.

Thanks for the input.

6. Entola

Entola Member

Nice, Problems like these are so hard to troubleshot. I'm glad they were able to get it fixed.