1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

D20Pro Skins

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Nov 19, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

It'd be cool if there were Themed skins for D20Pro or just different solid color skins.

Maybe different Button graphics and the ability to re-locate the menu to another side of the screen.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

2. Montis

Montis New Member

it would be nice to have somewhere in the distant future but imho there are much more important things right now :)

3. ChrisRevocateur

While this could be kinda cool if implemented without taking resources from much more important improvements, I really could care less for this feature. It does nothing for the actual usability of d20Pro. I don't care how pretty the program is.

4. cyderak

cyderak Member

Wow, Lets hear what you really think...... ;)

I use D20Pro for projecting battlemaps and placing objects and creatures and dspell effects on my computerized game table seen here: http://cyderak.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3l82e7

So I have no use for Chat functionality......and action trackers.......and feat functions.........but you don't see me going into those forum threads saying how useless they are.

I was actually hoping someone would have a quick fix for different D20pro skins that maybe I could implement on my own. But if its that involved then i guess it'll go the way of the dinosaur.

Personally I only chose D20Pro because it looked better than the other Virtual Tabletop softwares I have tried like Battlegrounds and Maptools.

Aesthetics and ease of use are high on my list of priorities for D20Pro improvements.

5. ChrisRevocateur

We were weighing in, just like you asked us to.

And really, if you don't want chat functionality, or any of that other stuff, go say so. The way the developers determine what features they are, or aren't, going to work on is by paying attention to this forum, by how many people say they want something, and by how many people say they DON'T want something as well, and the ratio between them.

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

O.k. then. Opinion noted.

The funny thing about functionality is that any given software will NEVER run 100% the way it should.

There is perpetually something wrong with every software.

Which is why i think some of the lesser used or altogether useless function-type aspect of D20Pro should be shelved for a more aesthetic update.

The first thing to catch perspective buyers eyes is the look of what your selling.

just sayin.

7. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

As an existing user I would have other priorities (player-editable character sheets, a spell system that's actually usable), but skins would be cool. I love programs that look great, and d20pro could use some sprucing up. I think the idea that looks are the primary draw for users is debatable. Given equal or roughly equal functionality—sure. But when I'm looking at prospective software, the number one question I personally have to answer is "Will it work on a Mac?" followed by "Can I afford it?" I do admit that I've purchased software based largely on looks before, though. :)

8. cyderak

cyderak Member

Daeruin, you seemed torn..... :D

9. cyderak

cyderak Member