1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

David North icons

Discussion in 'Marketplace Content' started by Darkrin, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

I was wondering why were the David North icons/tokens were not included in the draw tools section. I realize they are labeled that way. Though most of them are things you want to place in a room. which if you dont want to rotate, resize, and make them non movable then all is well. I purchased them with the intent to use the ladder and torches specifically and the ladder is useless to me as it is too small and I can not rotate it how I need to to face.

I realize this may be a lic. issue and nothing can be done but I had to ask to make sure it wasnt an oversight or something.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not super familiar with that asset.. where are the images located when you download and install them? ( CTR or FLR folder). IN theory, you could most likely just copy the ladder image to your FLR subdirectory for use as a tile in draw tools.

if the lic issue prevents that and you have to use the asset as an image for a token. You can adjust the tokens size by changing its Space from 5 to 10, 15 etc... the token image can also be rotated using the [, ] keys or the right click menu on the token.

upload_2016-8-30_13-44-30.png

the advantage to having the asset as a token is that it can have HP and be damaged unlike a usual map tile. The downside is it may not fit seemlessly into your map.. pros and cons both ways...

upload_2016-8-30_13-47-29.png

Check the 'Show rotated creature image' is checked in Options->GM tab

3. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

thank you for the quick response I will try that now

***Edit****

I was able to move/copy the files to FLR and that allows me to resize and paint them in etc

thank you for the help

#3 Darkrin, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

No problem.. glad to be of service...

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

You can also do some fun stuff by adding files to the markers.zip file. However, your mileage will vary due to limitations of "syncing" for markers at the moment -- a major to-do on our current feature fixes list.

We recently added the ability to scale in both x and y as well as apply an arbitrary rotation to the marker system. Additionally, markers do not lock to the grid, so you can use them to paint tables, barrels, debris, etc.

Finally, if you lock a marker down, it won't "click" activate the marker mode making your scenery effectively static to all but the GM (in marker mode). You can also control the draw layer for these objects so they are under Fog of War, Over FoW while remaining below players, or Over everything.