1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed power information

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Thurgian, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I have no idea if this would apply to other d20 type games; and I understand it would be a huge undertaking.

Even so, I would love to see the full description of "powers" (for that matter, magic equipment too) available in the character sheet.

As it stands, now, I have to keep the compendium open; and when a character performs an action that has a non-damaging effect, I have to search for the appropriate power (and review it) before making a decision. Or, alternately, open up the books and track the power down.

I envision either a "power tab", on the character sheet, with the description of each power and/or (preferably and) the appropriate text (HTML) popping up in the decision screen. For example, the player chooses to "Turn Undead" and marks off the ability. The decion box now includes the familiar checkbox to approve the use of the power and a description of the power.

2. Dan

Dan Member

We are completely forbidden to post anything more than the title of powers or any other information not found in the DDI character file. That file doesn't include any powers info or class info - it's contained in the DDI character builder software and controlled by strict licensing.

Sorry, but that's a rule WOTC will have to change. Having said that, we have plans to allow a note field on each power and possibly a URL link too, which could be theoretically imported from the DDI file. That would allow you to click the link to take you to the entry.

3. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

That works.

Given that I already log into the compendium, having the link listed would save much time