1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Dice Rolls

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Blueter, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Blueter

Blueter Member

Is there a feature that shows the actual dice roll on the screen? Not just the end result but seeing that d20 virtually roll across the screen. If there isn't, that's the first request I'd like to make.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There is not currently any 3d virtual dice rolling. Though there is talk of adopting dice scripting via /roll so that we will be able to do more complex things like /roll 1d10::1d6::+2. Though I have no idea when it will be re-looked at and added to the 'to-do' list. Most likely after the 'Feature Library' functionality is done...

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Noted! We built this guy: http://assaultdice.com and plan to pull that tech into d20pro proper but with all sorts of dice. However, it's a bit farther down our hit list still.

4. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

Owlbear-
    Glad there's a plan at some point to bring this tech in, which looks awesome by the way. I know many of my long time pen & paper but first time VTT players really miss rolling dice. I believe the active element of rolling physical dice as a PLAYER is very important, but as a GM not so much.
    I can understand that relative to the features a GM would desire, the ability to roll dice across the screen would be as you said "a bit further down the list" but considering the player's side of d20pro, the rolling of dice across the screen might be much higher for them.

I would also add that honestly I feel there isn't a VTT available yet that has everything I want as a GM or as a player, but of those available right now D20Pro is my favorite. I hope you will continue to make meaningful improvements and also consider many good suggestions so that one day it might be everything I want in a VTT.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks @Blind2karma As much as possible, we're trying to listen to suggestions from the community. You folks are the ones who have to use the darn thing, so we want to make sure we're giving you what you want!