1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Diced duration for ability

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by corycubbage, Aug 21, 2013.

1. corycubbage

corycubbage New Member

Is there a way to have the duration for an ability be diced instead of fixed? A thistle arrow does one damage for 1d6 rounds. It would nice to have that once option so I don't need to add it each round.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

currently no there is not away for the system to roll it randomly with out rolling it your self either with a dice or with the dice in the system and check the log for what you rolled. Then set that number in the ability every time you use it. What I did was use the average on dice for things like that ability score damage from poison for all monsters and npc to save me time as gm. but for my players I let them decided to roll them self or take the average. To my under standing the ability system , item system are supposed to be reworked at some point and improved. I am not sure if they will be included in version 3.4 but we should find out soon.