1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Die Roller Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toxic302, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Toxic302

Toxic302 New Member

Just wondering... Through about the last ten sessions we have been tracking die rolls for characters and have noticed the probability of rolling either one or twenty is much higher than it should be. Also we have tracked several occurrences of repeated die rolls. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or if there is a current fix to the randomness of rolls. Also a saveable scratch for characters to keep notes and information their character has discovered that they can update would be nice.

2. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

It's funny you should say that because for about the last 10 sessions of our game, my players seem to be getting an inordinate number of bad rolls, specifically 2s and 4s, in addition to the 1s and 20s you mention. When we started with d20 pro back in March, we would all go through stretches of bad rolls followed by stretches of really good rolls. So they really did seem to even out. Now I'm not so sure because it seems like we are getting lots and lots of bad rolls and no stretches of good rolls. I keep thinking that it will right itself, but I don't know...

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

"Vinny!!!!!!"

That is what my own gaming group calls the so called "dice demon" behind the sporadic behavior of dice results rolled by d20Pro. Though I strongly encourage you to LIE to your Players about the existence of this feature for your amusement. =)

d20Pro's dice are created by generating a computer's best guess at a random sequence that uses the current computer time as the seed, as does basically every software game or tool at some level. There's no black box here.

However if you are sufficiently bored, feel free to do a full statistical analysis of the rolls produced (i.e. mine the html game log for results) and I'm 100% confident the data will fall withing statistical norms. :D :ugeek:

4. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

I've had alot of bad dice rolls in a few encounters, but hey, that's probability

I did have a queer occurence last game, when my player rolled 1 (they roll their dice at the table) and the software also rolled 1... twice in the same encounter !

5. Toxic302

Toxic302 New Member

Nope vinny i'm good I'll just lie to them on some encounters, it is not worth all that I just didn't know if maybe there was a known bug or something or if i had screwed up something. but if you could install a sound effect for a dice demon that would be freaking hilarious, just occasionally have a sound effect come across that laughs at them when they roll a one.