1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Whiteboard with adjustable grid lines

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by BenMitchell1979, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BenMitchell1979

BenMitchell1979 New Member

I'm wondering if you guys would be able to add a Whiteboard feature (that we can drop tokens on) that has grids for those random encounters when a detailed map is not available or warranted, and a hastily drawn map would work.

Regards,
    Ben Mitchell.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

We are waiting on the 'freehand' draw tool and layer..
    which would be very helpful, for all maps
    once they add that, you could do what you asking very easily..

I do believe it is on the ta-do list, Curtis will shout-out if I am wrong :)

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

You can already do this in D20PRO by creating a new RAW MAP from the Map Library "Create Map" button. It allows you to select the grid size and all of that. Then you can flood the map with what ever tile you have to use and create on the fly.

Create Raw Map:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then Flood with the tile background you want:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then Populate with items and creatures:
    [​IMG]

Drop your players in and go to town!

It took me longer to post this than it did to create the map.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you Golkiwu, you're awesome!

In addition, you can use the Draw Tools > Draw Walls and Doors feature to give quick outlines of buildings then drag-drop enemies inside when they "kick the door down and look for trouble" :)

To comment on Krilion's post: "Freehand draw tools" to draw stuff without being tied to the grid is on the to-do list.

To comment on BenMitchell1979's post: In the meantime, use Golkiwu's solution.

5. BenMitchell1979

BenMitchell1979 New Member

Any progress on the FreeHand tool? Would be great for some random encounters.