1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

DM "Hurt" Screen Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by hukt_own_fonikz, Jan 13, 2012.

1. hukt_own_fonikz

hukt_own_fonikz New Member

I'm DMing a local 4e group and they all enjoy rolling real dice to use attacks and checks. I program in all the monster attacks because it makes my turns go so much faster, it's less downtime on their end. They really enjoy the hack n slash aspect of DnD more than anything. Right now when they attack, I just add damage to the monsters.

My two issues with the current system:
    The damage is always untyped so it doesn't help me keep up with a monster's Damage Resistance or Weakness. I would definitely like to see a way to type damage on the "Hurt" screen.

Second, the game log just says that the DM hurts a creature. I want it to keep track of who is actually doing the damage. I guess the answer to this would be to also have a character selection on the "Hurt" screen, and maybe have a list of all active creatures, or maybe even all active/inactive creatures but be able to filter by Team. Sounds like that could get pretty hairy, though, so there's probably a better way to solve this.