1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Does d20Pro enforce movement rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AkosPrime, Jun 10, 2012.

1. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

In testing we've found that nothing within the software seems to restrict a characters movement, in both free movement and combat initiative. For instance if I have a character with an assigned speed of 15', there's nothing that stops them from moving the character 130'+ (only the map edge stopped the player) which I believe is beyond any run multiple possible. There also doesn't seem to be an option for the Judge to confirm/deny a character movement, it just happens without confirmation (unlike attacks). Is there any option that can be enabled which would either a.) enforce the creature's speed or b.) require movement to be confirmed by the judge, at least during combat initiative movement?

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

No, movement is not enforced. Players movements show up in a little gray window at the top center of the screen, where the GM can click the X to cancel the movement if he wishes. He can also just move the player anywhere he wants. Or just handle it like you would at the table top, and discuss it with the player.

3. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Yeah, that's what I was figuring. The issue I have is that the player can do the movement quickly, before you can react to x it out and there's no prompting. It's really only an issue for me with reactive FOW areas since players can "accidentally" discover things that way. Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a feature.