1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Doors

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kizan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I'm trying to draw walls and doors for PFS #00-05 - Mists of Mwangi and there is a 5' door in the middle of a wall, but the door is covering a cross point on the grid. Normally I like doors that snap to grid but sometimes I really need to move the door around.

Thanx,

Kizan

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

It would be nice to have an option to make doors that do not follow the snap-to-grid start-point, stop-point, and length. Perhaps a keyboard hotkey and a mouse click-drag to indicate a door creation-point and end-point anywhere on the wall would be an appropriate way to implement this feature.

What do you think?

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

If that question was directed to me...sounds great.

Thanx,

Kizan

4. kelendros

kelendros New Member

it would also be nice to have doors that are interactive...for example you could click on it to open it, as well you could lock it or trap it or any other option you can use with a door... even possibly set it to remove that dynamic fog of war that is coming :)

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

I suggested animated/interactive doors a while back and was told it isn't a priority.

But heres to hoping.

6. kelendros

kelendros New Member

Well in all honesty I wouldn't say that its a priority, but if your going to dream dream big right.

7. phloog

phloog Member

I guess I'm confused as to how map flexibility isn't a priority. I buy a lot of published adventures, and quite a few of them have situations were doors being forced to snap will cause headaches. If you're doing your own maps that's fine - you can just claim that the ancient Foomboh People worshipped a god who insisted that all things be exactly five feet from other things...but even then it's a bit limiting.