1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Drawing a grass map and having a castle tile on it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mahhand, Jun 25, 2011.

1. mahhand

mahhand Member

could some one pls point me to a post of how to get my castle tile to stand on top of the grass textured map that i made from a grass texture and the drawing program on a flood fill. no matter how i try to bring the castle tile to the front, it is always behind the grass and unable to be seen. I do not wish to delete the grass on the map because the castle tile is a pdf and should look nice sitting on the grass. Thank you sorry for such the newbie request on this, I just cant seem to get it to work

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd use the Draw Tools > Manage Tiles > Right-Click on castle tile, then choose Resize.

3. mahhand

mahhand Member

doing that doesnt bring the castle tile in front of the grass that is on the map. can only one texture occupy the same square?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Try moving the tile you have in the front (grass) to the back, then selecting the castle tile and use the resize option.

If that doesn't work for you, you could try posting the map and I can see if I can make it work. After which I'll post a step-by-step pictorial guide on what I did to make it work. I would show you one of my maps that I have tiles over another tile, however, I'm unable to post those online since some of my players haven't experienced that map yet. If you're in the same boat, either send me a PM with the exported map file, OR PM me with a day/times you are available for a quick real-time tutorial (you will be able to see my screen, and follow along).

Then perhaps later, someone could make a tutorial about the tiles feature using the maps that come with the standard d20Pro 3.5 maps.

5. mahhand

mahhand Member

I think my first post might have been misread as I said PDF when I mean PNG. See my castle tile is saved a a PNG file. Because of this it has a transparent border around part of it. Can d20po allow the PNG image too sit on top of a grass background that is already on the tile? Thus allowing the castle to look like it is on the grass and not on a blank white field on the ground next too it? Is this possible? Iwill send ya my castle image and see what you can do. Thank you for your help

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, this is something you can do.

7. mahhand

mahhand Member

should i email the file to you here?

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Best place is Skype: edwardcd