1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

DriveThruRPG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlgamer, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

I can't use Paypal so I went to the FAQ and found out that I can also purchase D20PRO at drivethrurpg.com.

I purchased D20PRO (Windows) from DriveThruRPG for $30. Which I assumed was the full GM Licence with two seats.

After downloading it I discovered that I must need some kind of coupon/activation code.
    I checked these forums and saw that my activation code was ether sent to my email or is on DriveThruRPGS website.

So I looked for it.

I checked my email spam folder, I checked DriveThruRPGs website, I checked the downloaded files.

So finally I sent a message to DriveThruRPG.

"I suppose that I'm suppose to have some way of activating my D20pro account, but I haven't received and email from you containing a code, and I haven't been able to find the code your website anywhere."

There response was:

"Hello,
    We apologize for your inconvenience.
    Unfortunately, we are merely the point of sale for this product. You will need to contact http://d20pro.com/ to see about activation codes if they were not included. Again, we are very sorry for your inconvenience.
    Thank you for your business and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance,
    Carinn Seabolt
    Customer Service
    DriveThruRPG.com"

They haven't charged me just for the privileged of downloading the software, have they?!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Karlgamer!

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your license code. Drivethroughrpg usually sends it via email OR is in your order history. I see you have already searched all over for the email, so let's try going to your order history and viewing the purchase order. Then look at every thing to see if the license key is somewhere on that order history page with the D20PRO purchase.

If you are still unable to find your license key please contact us using our contact page: http://d20pro.com/contact/
    Please include the DriveThroughRPG Order Number along with any information you think will help us locate your oder, and we'll manually look up the purchase and get this license issue sorted for you right away.

If you were able to find the license key in the order history, please post here saying you found it. Thanks :)

3. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

I checked DriveThruRPGs website. I checked everything that I would consider an order history page.

I'm going to wait. Maybe my payment hasn't gone through completely yet.

I have no way of knowing if that's the problem.

I really, really, really wish you guys were on steam.

I already wasted money on Fantasy Grounds because it was easy to get on steam.

Currently I'm using MapTool/Mote, but it would be nice to have the combats automated.

4. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

Still haven't hear from anyone. I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait until Monday to get this resolved?

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Perhaps, contact DriveThruRPG so they can help you can get your order number, then as Curtis suggested submit the info via http://d20pro.com/contact/ ... neither Curtis nor I can do anything concerning licencing, tho we can get you in contact with the people who can help; and I know one of the devs has already started looking into the technicals with DriveThruRPG

6. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

I have contacted DriveThruRPG through their support. I have received two messages so far from them. The first one was included in my first post. Here is the second.

"Hello Again,
    We are sorry for the continued inconvenience.
    Might we please be able to confirm that you have contacted the publisher (http://d20pro.com/) with your support request? Unfortunately we are not privy to each publishers codes and you will need to contact them for further information. If you are still unable to use your product then please let us know and we will be happy to get you a refund as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your business and please contact us with any further questions or concerns.
    Jodie Thomas
    Customer Service"

I have also submitted my problem via http://d20pro.com/contact/.

In short I've done everything I know how to do.

Jareth: I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
    -Labyrinth

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That really looks like they did not actually read what you asked them (for you order number for your purchase).. I'd write them back and expressly state that you are not asking about our activation code, but a copy of your receipt from them with the order number.

8. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

I have my order number. I just don't have anyway to activate my software. Or I don't know how.

I don't exactly know how any of this is suppose to work.

9. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

No worries, we're here to help :) Simply send us a message using the contact form found at http://d20pro.com/contact/ (this way it is private and not on the public boards) and put in the message field your DriveThroughRPG.com Order Number, and if you already created a D20PRO Live account what your User ID. That way we can find the Order and find the license for you, and if needed extend your free trial period until the license is resolved.

10. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

Alright done.

11. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Karlgamer! Sorry, I didn't see this sooner.

There was an IP bug with DriveThru which we fixed up this weekend, but after you tried to make your purchase.

I've awarded your license (plus a little boost) so please download at your earliest convenience.

aka. Owlbear

12. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

Awesome! Wow, an IP bug. Well, I'm happy now. Thanks grimjack!

edwardcd, Krilion_GD thanks for playing good cop/bad cop with me.

The guys at DriveThruRPG support surely tried to help too. There is no way they could have known it was an IP bug.

It might be helpful for them in the future to have a rundown of what is suppose to happen, and to go through that with their customers so they can collectively figure out what the problem is.

I still don't understand what was suppose to happen. I was relaying on a few assumptions, some possibly outdated forum posts, and my sense of fairness. And all three of those are flawed.

I can take a lot, but not knowing is the hardest thing.

13. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Karlgamer,

Thank you for your support in D20PRO, and please let us know if you have any questions, comments, feature requests, and the like, and etc. We are pretty responsive and nice people, hopefully you can tell that from our communication and the end result :)

We actually had a DTRPG.com purchase guide on the forums at one time, but the images broke / became outdated - which were the most important aspect. So a new one is on our list of stuff to do so it's easier to to find the license code, and step by step process to find and use.

Enjoy! :)