1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Dying creatures look like dead to the party.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Golkiwu, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Last night when we were playing ( I was Judge Client) I had players thinking creatures were dead when they were only in a dying state. It was Pathfinder, and I have the rules set to death at negative con. The creature on my screen (Judge) was in a dying state (Skull with red) but the Players were seeing the creature as if it were in a totally dead state (Skull with grey/black). The creature was at -13 hp. It seems that the Player side is not interpreting the negative con rule, where it is doing so on the Judge side. Is this intentional, or have I found an actual bug? I am interested to know.

Yes Java is up to date (7-19 I think) and I was running in 64bit mode with 2.7gb of ram allocated to the software.

Windows 7 64 bit Professional
    8GB Ram
    Gforce 570GTX

Thanks!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for confirming my suspension. Yes, this is a minor bug. There is a workaround that works :)
    There are a couple other quirks with new death rules

Please set:
    Death Condition is: %Max value: 100
    However, currently this will not take consideration for undead/constructs where CON value is a (dash) or 0.
    - In this case d20Pro will have the creature death at -HP, but all other rules work.