1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Effects not being applied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caraldur, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

Hello everyone,

I've been having an issue with the spell effect system of D20pro. My problem is if I create and effect that does anything other than damage the affect isn't applied. For example the other night my group was fight a couple of wraiths and I created the con damage effect on the wraith. When the attack was made and successful the damage was applied to the selected target, save was rolled and failed but the ability damage was never applied. A small white 0 appeared in the upper right corner of the PC token image but that is all. Is there something I am doing wrong or missing?

-Car

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Caraldur,

It's probably as simple as not setting the duration of the effect. The default effect duration as "instantaneous" which is fine for all damage based effects. Simply change the effect's duration and it should appear in the "Active Effects" Window, along with the affected creature's "Effects" tab on the Creature's Mini Window when the effect is applied.

If you need more assistance in this, please take a screenshot of the effect and your process used so we can determine what is going on.

3. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

Thanks, that is exactly what the problem was and feel stupid for not noticing it sooner. :) Thanks again.