1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Effects wish list

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Nighteagle, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

I'll probably be adding to this forum all day since I am preparing to run a game tonight with D20Pro.

For the effects, right now the only option is for a selected number to be applied for ability bonus or damage. Could an option for rolling dice for ability damage/bonus be added to the effects (like there is for hit points). Most poisons and other abilities like Ray of Enfeeblement have variable dice based penalties applied to ability scores.
    Nighteagle

2. Dan

Dan Member

Very good point and noted. The Effects system in general is due for an overhaul and we will begin after our 2.1 release. Our 2.1 release is now in a code freeze and bug splat stage, so we can't work it in on this one.

3. Vol

Vol New Member

I'd like to add to this wish list...

The other effect that often comes up are those which impact specific skill checks (like 'blinded'). Right now we have the ability to create effects to saving throws, but not specific skills. Would be great to get that added in.

Also need a variable temp hp effect. I believe the existing is a static input.
    Vol