1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Effects won't stick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daeruin, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I must be doing something wrong, because I can't get effects to take effect. I select a creature, press X, load an existing effect, click the two green checkmarks, and . . . nothing happens. When I open the creature, it has no effects on it. Any idea what's going on?

2. Virgil

Virgil New Member

If you aren't already, make sure you are changing the duration. I've noticed when loading an effect, it does not properly load the effect duration. By default, it stays at "instant." This is fine for causing damage or curing hit points, but if you have an effect that changes attributes or anything similar that is supposed to stick around over time, then nothing will happen.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

That was it! Thanks so much. You answered just in time for my game session tonight. Praise be!