1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced "Ability" Tab Features (and more)

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by edwardcd, Apr 8, 2011.

1. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Situation...
    I create a lot of Abilities for each creature... (some examples)
    • If a person has a Magic Missile Wand... BAM, it's it there.
    • If a person has a special ability to heal friendlies in a 30ft burst... BAM, it's in there.
    • If a person has a potion of Eagle's Splendor... BAM, it's in there.
    • If an enemy has a spell memorized... BAM, it's in there.
    • If an enemy has a fear radius... BAM, it's in there.
    • If a person has a battle stance that gives them or an adjacent ally a bonus... BAM, it's in there.

I really like the Ability Tab features that SAVES everything about the Ability including the duration, dc, and entire effect all in one nicely named "ability." There is no connecting a memorized spell to a saved spell effect then entering in the duration and DC each time it is used. This saves a LOT of time. HOWEVER, I have to re-create each ability in its' entirety each time I create a new creature or import the new file for the increased level of my players.

Proposal...
    Have an effects library that is accessible via "Library" window that you can drag-and-drop inside the "Edit Creature" Window under the "Ability" Tab.

This Effects Library would follow the same guide as the Creature Library does, where you can "Create", "Import", Export", "Copy", and "Delete".

Also, if there was a way to add in the "Hit Point" Tab when Editing Effects the following (to indicate how many dice are rolled)...
    • x 1/4 Level multiplier
    • x 1/3 Level multiplier
    • x 1/2 Level multiplier
    • x Level Multiplier
    • x1.5 Level Multiplier
    • x2 Level Multiplier
    So, if you press the "down arrow button" it will go down by one step (example)
    • 2x Lv
    • 1.5x Lv
    • 1x Lv
    • 0.5x Lv
    • 0.33x Lv
    • 0.25x Lv
    Then it do the math automatically, so we don't have to edit the effect at each level of progression.

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Seconded.