1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

equivalent VBL lines and other questions

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by lotharlocnar, Mar 16, 2010.

1. lotharlocnar

lotharlocnar New Member

Hello,Presently I use the FREE RPTools and there is a utility they call VBL (Visual Blocking Line) it is created within a wall or anything the DM does not want the players to see through, however doing this makes the DM have to "manually erase" the line when the characters come to a door or window...etc and say they are looking in or opening the door. In your product does the DM have to erase this type of line when the players look into the room?

Also in that product a player cannot pick up and item and move it while it still blocks vision, does this product allow for such things? I.E. Pick up a barrel and move it and still have the VBL line follow it.

In RPtools the template shapes magic emanations from the players (Detect magic cones,detect evil cones...etc.) have to be re done each time a new facing is done and the old one removed (remove drawing) is it the same for D20 pro or can the player "affix" the viewing or effect template to their token so as they walk it stays with them or moves as they check another direction?

Most of my players can fly, so I would like to know if D20Pro has/or can have, a character elevation view of the same map just an aerial view?

:cool: Thanks,
    Lothar Loc'Nar

2. Dan

Dan Member

d20pro does not currently support dynamic field of vision or fog of war.