1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Error with Herolabs Import

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Caraldur, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There are some Mac OS install notes on the wiki guide (Mac). if they do not address your issue directly, perhaps Curtis or Eric can chip in, to help out (our Mac guys).

I haven't used PCGen in some time, I'll try and take a look for you later this evening. however, it should be just the plain PCGen export data type. Also, if you are exporting a class, race etc.. it's needs to also be in D20PRO's data-set. So, if it is something non OGL/SRD, you'll need to add that to your D20PRO data-set for use.

2. wigwam

wigwam New Member

Thanks Krillion_GD.
    The MAC installation instructions worked once. I don't have the option to 'run anything' in security. Apparently it has been turned off (hidden) in the latest versio of the OS and can only be turned on with some deep tinkering.
    Can you clarify what 'plain PCGen export data type' is - it's not obvious on PCGen's list. Also, how do I get D20PRO's data-set? The character uses stuff from Paizo's advanced handbooks, etc.
    Thanks again.

3. wigwam

wigwam New Member

Update: I read the WIki to the end of the page - found the deep and dangerous tweak required for Sierra OS. The 'anywhere' option now appears and D20PRO tries to launch. But I get an error: The D20PRO jar file does not exist in the data directory.
    It does, I checked.
    The dD20PRO folder is in Applications....

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I just meant whatever the generic default format was.

You'll end up modding the classes.txt file in your campaigns/<yourcampaign-name-here>/judge/manuallyspecified folder; adding in the classes you need. more info on the this can be found @ wiki guide: manually specified

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I'll nudge the MAC guys and see If I can get one of them to chip in here.. I know they have seen this before.

6. wigwam

wigwam New Member

Any update on this?

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

yeah. still pending :( we need to rebuild the mac version with some certificate data embedded. Soon as we have it all sorted we'll have a happier, cleaner launcher.

wigwam likes this.