1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Evasion Feat Tag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisRevocateur, Nov 5, 2011.

?

More feat interaction with creature (add evasion type feat to other saves)

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. ChrisRevocateur

The help files say that the only feat that actually does anything in the program is Improved Initiative. I was looking that the feats.txt file though, and noticed Evasion and Improved Evasion, have the Evasion tag, with True and False modifiers.

Does this feat tag actually do anything?

If so, would it be possible to maybe add a Mettle feat tag?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, Evasion and Improved Evasion feats are properly handled via d20Pro.

It might be possible to add functionality to reproduce evasion-type feats that effect different saves (Will/Fort).

How many people would want this feature?

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I voted no because I think there are MANY other fixes and features I rather see happen BEFORE this happens. It's not that it's a bad request and it may not be that hard to implement. It is very specific for a specific game and some of the other requests/features are more broad and will appeal to a larger audience.

Kizan

4. ChrisRevocateur

I voted yes.

I agree completely Kizan, I would prefer lots of other improvements first, but voting no is saying you wouldn't want this, not that you want other things first.

ALSO- This seems like an EXTREMELY simple thing to add. Since all saves and abilities are treated the same by the program, it would merely be to applying the same code to the other saves and adding the particular tags for those saves in the feat files. They could probably do it in such a short amount of time that no matter what else they wanted to add in the next version, this would be able to be put in.

5. Truwen

Truwen Member

My players still don't believe me when I say evasion effects are handled properly. /shrug. I voted yes though, because I would like to see more functionality like this. I have thought enough that simply what if a person of a class who does not get these feats acquires something that gives them the feat (not sure how this would work I am thinking along the lines of NWN and NWN2. Where someone would get like a rod or something with the evasion feat on it. There could be a toggle (check box) to apply the feat to the character while the rod/item is in use.

I doubt I would ever roll something like this up. But there may be other situations where a class that is not rogue would have evasion or effects like evasion. So yes I want something like this to be added to d20pro. Also I would like to be able to see more information to "Prove" d20pro is handling it the right way, not just in the background. Like maybe die rolls for saves/failed saves before/after the DM accepts.