1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

"Failed to load handout" error.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stonesnake, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

So we've been playing for nearly a dozen sessions without any problems, but suddenly 3 of my 4 players are getting the following error when I try to give them a handout:

Failed to load handout.
    Timed-out waiting on response for request: Request (93):
    Statement zipped.

One of my players still gets the handout no problem, but the other 3 players get that error instead. Any idea of how to correct this? The players getting this error are running both Mac and PCs and I am running d20pro 2.4, java 6.25, windows 7 64-bit. It was working fine for month and then suddenly 2 weeks ago this error started to appear. I can also submit screenshots if that helps at all. Thanks.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I suspect that the players who are having the issues also updated their Java.

If that is indeed the case, you can have them uninstall the most recent update 26. That will revert them back to what they had running before.

3. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

Yeah, reverting back to Java update 25 isn't nearly as simple as you make it out. When I tried it myself and then lost all of my port 10101 settings and needed to go through that whole process again to get my computer setup. If I try to make my players all do this I'm sure we won't play for another week while they get that sorted out.

When do you think a version of d20Pro will be released that works with update 26? We were loving d20Pro until now...

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Interesting, on my machine all it took was removing only java update 26 from the add/remove programs from the control panel in Win7ult. But you are right, I don't like it when an update (that is suppose to make things better) turns out to break something else.

Expect the next release to be available sometime in August.

Until then, the current work-around is to create your handouts as maps.

5. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

Yeah, I removed update 26 and then installed update 25 and it totally messed up my port settings somehow. I actually had to do a system restore to get it to work correctly...

At least the work-around is a good idea. I would have never thought of making them maps instead! Thanks for that.