1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Feature problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrwinfree, Jan 31, 2018.

1. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

I have a clean install of d20pro 7.2. I am using Mac OS X 10.13.3. I have exported/ imported maps from the previous version. I have copied and pasted the campaign folder from the previous version.

So, I was following the step-by-step instructions so kindly posted by Vanith (thank you). When I attempt to save the feature/trait/spell thing, I receive the spinning beach ball of death. Regardless of the length of time I wait, the program just hangs. Eventually, I have to forcequit D20Pro.

I do not know how to overcome this issue. I am frustrated. I would really like the old system of applying effects at least until this process is stable. Right now, I am finding it very difficult to prepare for Friday's game. I fear I will end up using the program as merely a digital map.

Please some one save me.

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Just to be clear, you wouldn't want to 'copy the campaign' folder and 'export/import', you'd want to do either or but and not both. The safest method is the 'export/import'.

I'll ask @owlbear about this error.

[30 Jan 2018 23:52:21,006] ERROR MultiSortTable | Failed to recognize table change
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.ScaledIconByCreatureImageIDCellRenderer.provideImage(ScaledIconByCreatureImageIDCellRenderer.java:66)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.ScaledIconByCreatureImageIDCellRenderer.provideImage(ScaledIconByCreatureImageIDCellRenderer.java:21)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.AbstractScaledIconImageIDCellRenderer.buildIcon(AbstractScaledIconImageIDCellRenderer.java:41)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.AbstractScaledIconImageIDCellRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(AbstractScaledIconImageIDCellRenderer.java:68)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleChild(JTable.java:7031)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleAt(JTable.java:7418)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.valueChanged(JTable.java:6933)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.removeSelectionIntervalImpl(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:576)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.clearSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:420)
    at com.mindgene.lf.table.MultiSortTable.clearSelection(MultiSortTable.java:283)
    at javax.swing.JTable.clearSelectionAndLeadAnchor(JTable.java:2125)
    at javax.swing.JTable.tableChanged(JTable.java:4445)
    at com.mindgene.lf.table.MultiSortTable.tableChanged(MultiSortTable.java:495)
    at javax.swing.table.AbstractTableModel.fireTableChanged(AbstractTableModel.java:296)
    at javax.swing.table.AbstractTableModel.fireTableDataChanged(AbstractTableModel.java:198)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.table.AbstractTableModelBackedByList$1.safeRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.table.AbstractTableModelBackedByList.assignList(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary.refreshTable(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:216)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary.access$100(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:50)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary$FilterWatcher.stateChanged(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:160)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.mvc.AbstractMVC.notifyChangeListeners(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.D20FilterMVC$InputMonitor.recognizeChange(D20FilterMVC.java:106)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.event.ContentChangedAdapter.insertUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.fireInsertUpdate(AbstractDocument.java:201)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString(AbstractDocument.java:748)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(AbstractDocument.java:707)
    at javax.swing.text.PlainDocument.insertString(PlainDocument.java:130)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.replace(AbstractDocument.java:669)
    at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setText(JTextComponent.java:1669)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxEditor.setItem(BasicComboBoxEditor.java:87)
    at javax.swing.JComboBox.configureEditor(JComboBox.java:1404)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxUI$Handler.contentsChanged(BasicComboBoxUI.java:1864)
    at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractListModel.java:118)
    at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(DefaultComboBoxModel.java:93)
    at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(DefaultComboBoxModel.java:131)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.D20FilterMVC.assignCategories(D20FilterMVC.java:118)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.lf.D20FilterMVC.assignCategories(D20FilterMVC.java:128)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary.assignCategories(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:192)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary.access$200(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:50)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary$1.safeRun(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:173)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.D20LF.swingSafe(D20LF.java:2345)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary.assignCategoriesAndRefereshTable(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:166)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.creature.Console_AbstractLibrary$2.run(Console_AbstractLibrary.java:262)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp$CustomEventQueue.dispatchEvent(AbstractApp.java:817)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

it also looks like you have some value nodes that are throwing errors due to improper syntax.

[30 Jan 2018 23:50:22,768] WARN ErrCaptureStream | javax.script.ScriptException: <eval>:1:32 Expected , but found d6
    dice(func(casterTotalLevels()/2)d6
    ^ in <eval> at line number 1 at column number 32

I'm pretty sure that should be expressed as;
    dice(func(Math.max(getCasterTotalLevels()/2, 0))d6)

Math.max is needed here in the case of the result of the division is less than zero.

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

You'll need to update your classes.txt file manually since you are pulling that from an old campaign.

[30 Jan 2018 23:47:31,239] ERROR Content_Spells | Unexpected exception with Cleric
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Prepared cannot be cast to com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Cleric

the lines like so;
    SpellCaster=com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Sorceror|CHA

need to be changed to this format;
    SpellCaster=com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Prepared|Cha

the format is changed from SpellCasterTemplate_<caster-type>|<stat> to SpellCasterTemplate_Prepared|<stat>

I'm not positive this is the hang up on your Cleric class but it's likely, could you post your Cleric class definition here, please?

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I suspect fixing that unencapsulated function (syntax error) in the Value node will fix a lot of the issue.
    dice(func(Math.max(getCasterTotalLevels()/2, 0))d6)

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey all. So there's dome definite issues with JxBrowser under OSX in v. 3.7.2. I've worked with the JxBrowser team to get an update into D20PRO. This is currently available under the public beta branch here:

http://pubs.d20pro.com/Public_Beta/3.7.2.9/

And will be rolled into 3.7.3 soon as we resolve the last couple of issues.
    {
    * Marketplace bundle corrupted for some large assets
    * On Cancel scripts firing early
    * Multiply node math.
    }

so not a huge list, but they are three things which are proving difficult to nail down.