1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request: Traps triggered by player movement

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by smalenberg, Sep 8, 2009.

1. smalenberg

smalenberg New Member

With my players controlling movement on the map, I'd like to be able to have a trapped square visible on my map, invisible on the player map, and have it stop the movement of a creature that enters the square. This way I could ask for saving throws and assign damage appropriately before letting the player complete movement (assuming he can continue). I'm a new user, and at the moment, I'm kind of at a loss on how to accomplish this without either using an invisible creature or comparing my electronic map copy to the paper map in the module to know which square is the trigger.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Actually, an invisible creature is exactly how I do that. Traps are run very much like creatures in D&D, often requiring to hit rolls and so on. As far as stopping player movement, I just say, "hold up" and move their unit back to where the trap is. Pretty simple and effective - and exactly how you would do it at the table.

If you need some "creature" art for traps, check out my attachment below. Unzip this to your d20pro\dm\res\CTR folder and you should have a new folder called Objects. In it are several portraits I use for traps, spells, and even Room Keys! I use the Description Tab for Player Info (boxed text) and notes for GM info.

Attached Files:

3. neofax

neofax New Member

It seems the Objects.zip file posted here results in an error.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Here are some objects that I just uploaded to megaupload...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4ZWMP34

Included are:
    Beds and Bedding -9
    Chairs and Stools - 11
    Chests and Barrels - 10
    Fires and Kitchen Stuff - 8
    Hazards - 6
    Lightsources - 42
    Miscellaneous set dressing - 10
    Roomkeys B&W - 1-40 and A-H
    Roomkeys Color - 1-50 and A-I
    Rugs, Curtains, and Tapestries - 20