1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Features list

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by FlynnUOGM, Mar 9, 2011.

1. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Good Day!

I would like to request the following~

Optional replacements for mobile (player / NPC / Monster) tokens so that instead of tokens you can have a non token shaped creature sprite.
    [part of the requested item above] Optional animated movement for mobile (player / NPC / Monster) tokens. [I have an extensive media library as I am a game developer and would like to add these animations in]

Optional sound / visual effects - basically when a spell is cast, arrow released, monster killed a definable audio can play and possibly some special effect such as a fireball moving from caster to target can be seen fly through the air. A game sound track would be kinda cool, like once a player enters combat ambient music stops and combat music begins etc etc.

Optional animated objects - trees that shift, water that churns, fire that ripples

Optional weather / lighting effects. Much in the same way you define what is and is not visible you can define areas that are part of (or excluded from) weather effects. rain can simply be lil droplet splash effects on the ground (having rain visibly falling is not practical) for example.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

All good suggestions!

This one you can do currently. Simply..
    option1 : Right-Click > Alter > Size > Enlarge
    option2 : Click on the creature, press Shift + "}" (Shift + "{" to decrease size)
    option3 : Click on the creature, open the creature editor, use the size dropdown menu to select the size.

3. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Thanks!

I hope they implament the others though

4. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

If you used animated gifs on a creature you will get the animation.

So if you wanted a campfire that looks like it is burning find an animated gif of a campfire, and use it as the image for a creature. Then remove the team color so you have no boarder color and put it on the map.

That is one way to get some animation right now.

6. tiamat5774

tiamat5774 New Member

As far as music is concerned you should be able to use a sound editor and replace the sounds with music in .wav files. for instance change the sound that is made for toggling to free movement (Compass star at top) into an ambient music .wav file and when you click it for the crossed swords (initiative mode) battle music will play.

a good sound editor I use quite often is Wavepad Sound Editor from NCH software.

EDIT

Check that, It doesn't work. I tried the suggestion above and it Won't work on two levels. First of all the only one to hear the music is you unless you share your edited soundtrack with your players. Second, when you click another button, such as switching from freemove to init mode the music for one mode won't stop. It continues to play and the other song plays as well which means if every quick alert sound was edited to play a song instead, you would have quite the distracting cacophony!

7. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

any possibility of multiple format support in the future? (not just wav files)

8. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met tiamat5774, FlynnUOGM,

Thanks for the interest in improving d20Pro's audial capabilities. What's in there now is admittedly rather rudimentary.

Prolly not by this Summer but soon this will be addressed. There are plans for both VOIP and multimedia support. Music, sound, and speech are key elements to making a game session as immersive as possible. Expect full capability to introduce these to your campaign and deploy them on the game table at your whim. :geek:

9. neofax

neofax New Member

If d20Pro supports .mng(IIRC this is the animated version of PNG), you can have alpha channeled animated sprites. Although, I personally would not use this unless I was sitting on a fat pipe.