1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Filed to write map image OSX 10.9.5 issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by jon6569, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jon6569

jon6569 New Member

Hi. I'm on a 2013 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9.5 (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3), using d20Pro v3.3.4.

When trying to create a map from a file import of a .jpg, I'm getting the error:
    Failed to write map image: Failed to import FLR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: [filename].

I updated Java to the latest version and rebooted a couple of times. I tried simple map file names, tried moving the imported map file to desktop, creating different image types (png, bmp), all to the same error.

Then I moved over to a 2010 Mac Pro OSX 10.7.5, using the same d20Pro version, same imported file, and the map creation was perfect. No errors.

So it would seem, with my small amount of troubleshooting, that perhaps this is a glitch for this version (10.9.5) of the Mac OS?

Any ideas or responses would be greatly appreciated.

--jon--

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jon,

Usually this error occurs when either 1) permissions to write are not enabled for java/d20Pro, OR 2) when there is not enough memory to perform the write action to create the map on the hard drive.

If you need additional help, please reach out to us via email: contact @ d20pro . com and note screenshots help :)

3. jon6569

jon6569 New Member

My thanks to lead developer Mat for his help on this.

Turns out it was not an OS or any other java-related issue. It was a problem with the name I was giving the Module in the Create Map from Image screen. The name I was using was pointing to a non-existent folder that I had deleted maybe? Changing that to any other name was all I had to do to fix it.

In any event, changing the Module name is something one should try at the front end. Not after a lead developer spends four days on the issue...

Thanks, Mat! Incredible tech support.

--jon--