1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

First D20pro pathfinder game yesterday...results

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Zug, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Zug

Zug New Member

Worked out great. From a GM perspective, it was FAR easier than pen/paper resource tracking (how many monsters, which one has which hps, initiative order shifting, status tracking). Players got the hang of it very quickly (only consistent bugaboo was hitting spacebar to finish off a turn). Voice was conducted using Ventrilo. We had 2 full combat sessions in a roughly 1.5 hour session (1 test/tutorial, 1 'in game').

Some things that were marginally difficult (aside from the spell handing which is already being addressed):
    1) premade maps (we were playing Council of Thieves/Pathfinder). The preruled lines just do not line up exactly right in most cases. We had to fall back on 'ignore the map lines, pay attention to the d20pro grid lines'.
    2) Using 'push to talk' under ventrilo didnt' work unless the ventrilo window had active focus. I know in other games this isn't the case. Perhaps d20pro is catching all keystrokes and throwing away unrecognized ones? (the ~ in this case) . Not removing unrecognized keystrokes from the queue would be great to let other apps running pick up the remaining keystrokes (I didn't see the ~ being used for any d20pro functions).
    3) Mapping: the tile mapper in d20pro doesn't allow the flexibility I would expect. Tiles can't be rotated, and 'send to front/back' doesn't work with a mixture of tiles and grid painting (eg. I paint a river using the grid painer, drop a bridge on the painted area, and it goes 'to the back'. Using 'front' and 'back' on the tile doesnt bring to the 'front' of a painted grid tile).

2. Zug

Zug New Member

Oh...and I need a bigger monitor...tabswapping got old quick!

For $29.99, could you include a free 32" LCD TV/Monitor?

3. Dan

Dan Member

2) Try running Ventrilo with Admin rights. Right-click on the Vent icon and choose Run As Admin. That's an issue with Vent even on some games like WoW.

3) Tiles can't be rotated as it's more of a paint feature, but if you want to rotate "tiles" use the scale tool. That lets you resize, rotate, and move them around - even control visibility.

4. Leathermartini

Leathermartini New Member

For #2, I had that problem (Win7 64-bit) until I did what Dan's suggesting and ran it as admin. It was more than just d20pro not letting it talk to Vent.

5. neofax

neofax New Member

How do you retrieve your maps from the Council of Thieves pdf? Acrobat Reader 8 or SomePDF or other means? Once I know how you get them, I can help you make them line up perfectly every time using GIMP and an Excel file to measure the squares. I have done this on every Paizo pdf AP so far with no problems. Some though have two different grids which cannot be fixed, but other than that it will.