1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Fix your crap please...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minandreas, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

So for various reasons I decided to wipe my machine and do a clean Windows install. I knew I'd inevitably have those frustrating moments where I go to use a file or program only to realize I forgot to back that one up, or forgot I'd have to re-download it again. d20pro wasn't one of those programs though, I knew I'd have to reinstall it. I just didn't know it WOULDN'T WORK.

[​IMG]

Huh. That's cool and a new one. Guess it's time to hit the forums. Oh, try changing timezone?

[​IMG]

Did. It was right to begin with, but since some said changing it back and forth helped,I tried it. No dice. On to plan B then I guess. Use Java 6 eh?

[​IMG]

Well that's cute. It doesn't seem to know what Java 6 even IS. Let's give the .batch file a go then, that worked sometimes. As administrator of course, all this stuff is run as administrator.

[​IMG]

Uh, k. Well now what?

Oh it's cool, one of my game buddies has the exact java install he used and is currently running D20 pro with. He can send that my way.

[​IMG]

Oh, my bad, I have to use the .batch file, I remember that. Did I mention I ran everything as administrator? Because I did.

[​IMG]

Huh. That's cool. I didn't even type anything, I double clicked something. Whatever.

Well, I guess I'll just go back to the beginning where d20 would at least RUN. Can join my friend's game using a guest account. Sucks though, because we have 2 new players that are still on guest accounts because, you know, they are new. So a player had to go screen share with his brother for me to be able to join session. Can you guess which player is me?

[​IMG]

I'm not generally the sarcastic venomous type, so please forgive me dripping a bit of that here, but I just spent about an hour missing my game session trying a bunch of hackjob workarounds to get your program working and the journey ended at a big fat brick wall with a piece of notebook paper scotch taped to it saying "LOLZ U WASTED YOUR TIME NOOB, GOOD LUCK DMING LATER THIS WEEK".

I understand this is a small side job operation and you guys have other jobs as your full time gig. I've been with you guys for a good long while now and dealt with having to do the little work-arounds like using old Java installations, and I've done it without any complaints. I like d20 a lot, and I'm really excited about Ultimate. But this is just getting ridiculous. I can't use your program period now.

Can you please fix your crap?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Java needs to be added to the system path, or for better result point d20pro to your java install..

a'la.. create a shortcut on your desktop and place this in the target
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1280m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -DBypassJavaVersionCheck=true -jar d20Pro.dat

now, change the above java path to match your java install.. you may also have to adjust the memory usage (-Xmx1280m) to match your specs...

place this is the "start in"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\MindGene\d20Pro"

now, change the path to match your d20pro install...