1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[fixed 3.4.8] 3.4.7 Character sheet doesn't open after casting spell

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Montis, May 21, 2015.

1. Montis

Montis New Member

Whenever I cast a freeform spell through the character sheet (as a player), I can't open my character sheet again. I can't say if it's the same with regular spells, but I have to relog to the host to fix the issue, which is very annoying to do each time I cast a spell with my shaman.

We just updated to 3.4.7 (from 3.4.5) today and the issue wasn't there before.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

java version "1.8.0_40"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: 3.4.7 Character sheet doesn't open after casting spell

Thank you for your report Montis, I can also re-create this on my machine. It only affects the Player. The GM is not affected.

In the meantime, you can use "S" for spell list, and the GM can delete the stats.zip file from manuallyspecified and you can control most things in the Mini Window by double clicking on the creature and using the Stats tab.

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Montis,

Thanks for reporting this; it is being tracked now: https://trello.com/c/BW5HcDn2
    While I haven't committed to a v3.4.8 release, it is likely.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

This has been fixed and will ship in v3.4.8. No release date set right now but I expect it out in early to mid June.

5. Sasmira

Sasmira New Member

In the Last version of d20pro 3.4.8, when a player use a spell at will (spell level 0) the spell vanish to the spell list and I need to rest if my player want to use this spell again

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Most of the GMs I know and myself tend to use "At Will Abilities" for 0 level spells due to them essentially being unlimited.. rather than other editions and system where they are limited by number per day..