1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Flat footed creatures

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ChrisRevocateur, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ChrisRevocateur

It would be nice if during the first round of combat, if attacks defaulted to Flat-Footed AC until a character has moved. Since creatures can enter combat not flat footed (like after surprise rounds and such), I was thinking there could be a flat-footed check box in the initiative decision screen next to each creature that defaults to on at the beginning of a combat, but you could just uncheck it for any creatures not flat footed.

kimco likes this.
  2. Zandari

Zandari New Member

I like this idea!

3. ChrisRevocateur

Expanding on this idea, since you're supposed to roll your initiative in the surprise round, maybe at the top of the initiative decision screen there could be a "Surprise Round" checkbox, and anyone that comes in flat-footed gets skipped in the initiative the first round.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That is a genius idea and on the programming side should not be very hard to do!!

5. GMDrindel

GMDrindel New Member

I like this idea too, but if your GM is paying attention all he has to do is click the small triangle next to the AC under the Conformation roll and change it to flat foot ac and if the roll was good enough it changes to red to indicate that it is a hit. Either way is only a click away, one is just the GM the other is just the player doing it.

6. ChrisRevocateur

Huh?

I'm not talking about the player doing it. I'm talking about making the computer default to flat-footed on attacks against creatures that haven't acted yet in a combat. That way the GM doesn't have to remember "Was it this orc or that one that already acted?"

7. unsaved

unsaved Member

Are you using Pathfinder rules? If so, I see no exception about "after surprise rounds and such". Regarding flat-footedness per http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html : specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order, so I don't see how a creature could "enter combat not flat footed".

8. ChrisRevocateur

PC's are surprised, monsters have their surprise round, THEN I actually start the combat mode. The monsters are not flat-footed in that case. I wasn't referring to the rules version of entering combat, but the program's combat mode.

9. unsaved

unsaved Member

Oh. Understood. Thanks.