1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Fog of War reveal

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Tay-Dor, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

It would be nice if when revealing a region (when someone's light source overlaps) there was an option to only reveal it for that token. So far when a region is revealed for one player it is revealed for all.

2. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

If each player is on a different account, normally meaning a different computer but not always, then you can turn the eye on the right to blue, which is the public setting, and then it will only be visible for the account it is owned by.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

That's not what I'm talking about.

Here's my situation. A door open revealing a hallway that is covered by a Darkness spell. Each player (logged in from their own computers) has darkvision, but only the Warlock can see through magical darkness (D&D 5e). There are no public light sources in the party.

I want the ability to allow the Warlocks private light to interact with the revealed mask while not allowing the other payer's private lights to do so and without turning their lights off.

As it is now, when I reveal it for the Warlock, to interact with the Warlocks private light, it also allows other PC private lights to interact as well.

4. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Got you and yes that would be nice. Unfortunately I doubt Java can support this. Now when Mage Hand comes out this will probably be able to work. Just a guess knowing the limitations of Java.