1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Fully integrated video and voice chat

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by tiamat5774, Mar 24, 2011.

1. tiamat5774

tiamat5774 New Member

Some people don't want to register on Infrno.com to use the video/voice chat there, and I am not patient enough to set up something as complicated as Ventrilo.

So a fully integrated video/voice chat should be added to the D20pro software. and it should be at least as user friendly as Gmail or Infrno's video/voice chat.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

This is something we have on our "feature wish list" but right now we're not actively working on it. There are high-quality options out there like Skype (which is what most of the d20Pro Team uses when running our games) and we're honestly hesitant to try and "reinvent the wheel" so to speak when there are still many other new features we feel very strongly about implementing.

Suggestions are always very welcome though and the more we get asking for voice/video chat features, the stronger the consideration we'll have to give to implementing them.

3. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

could use skype :0)

4. neofax

neofax New Member

Or use Mumble since it is Open Source and the quality is just as good for a fraction of the resource cost and you can run your own server.

5. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

hmm well if D20 Pro would allow plugin support could always create a mumble plugin.

6. bananulor

bananulor New Member

I use Teamspeak 3, and myself and my players are very happy with it so far.
    and I've found setting up teamspeak and ventrilo to be surprisingly easy

7. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I've ran games with Skype. It works really well. Haven't used Infrno.net yet, but I've signed up to play a 3.5 game on Saturday (Barrier Peaks 1&2) and have put in a request to run a 4E Dungeon Delve on Sunday. Nothing like trial by fire ... ;)

8. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Played in the Barrier Peaks game today via Infrno and the voice quality was pretty good. Trickiest part was making sure everyone was logged into the VT AND d20Pro. Once that was fixed, and video was turned off, everything went smoothly.