1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Future Customer Question about licenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forumtryne, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Forumtryne

Forumtryne New Member

Hey, we are a bunch of gamers who are very interested in your product, however we have a question about the licensing.

We intend to pool our cash and buy the program together, creating one "general" gm client, so that when we play, whoever is the gm at the time can use the gm client, and the other players may use the player login.

Do we buy one Gm license +2 guest, and then buy 4 more player licenses on the same account as the gm one? or do we have to buy one gm license, and then register 4 different accounts and buy the player licenses?

thanks.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

With the situation you describe I think you're better off buying the GM license along with more guest licenses for that account instead of one GM license and multiple individual Player licenses. This allows everybody to easily connect to the GM of the week without having to worrying about who has what license and making sure each remote player has a different one.

3. Dan

Dan Member

Agreed. 1 GM license, plus 4 addition licenses (giving you a GM + 6 login). Others connecting use the Guest licenses that come with the default d20pro installation.

4. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

How exactly do I buy Guest Licenses?

I've got a Pro+ two guest licenses; there is myself and seven players, so we pooled cash to but 5 more slots. When I logged in an click Purchase, I had the choice of Player License for $10, or D20 Pro with larger numbers of Guest slots (2,3,4, and 6). Since I already had the full version, I clicked through and bought the Player... not really what I was looking for, I could ony buy one, and it now lists me as having both the d20 Pro Full with 2 guests and a Stand-alone player.

What I THINK I needed was more Guests, but I can't figure out how to do this. Do I just by four more separate Players, or can I conver the player I just bought to Guest and get four more somehow?

Thanks....

Dave

5. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met DaveCampbell,

In order to go from a Full + 2 Guests to a Full + 7 Guests, you'll need to upgrade your existing Full license twice. First add +4 slots and then upgrade again and add + 1. Instead of clicking to purchase a license, look for the Upgrade button next to your existing Full license.

I see the Player license you purchased yesterday and will refund that now. Let us know if you have any questions and have fun killing (I mean DMing for) 7 players! :D

6. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

Upgraded! Thanks for the refund; we are now setup for seven players... always entertainin...:)

The plan is to use this to speed up things like combat... with seven players, things have a tendancy to drag on a bit... so far, so good!