1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game is visible to all?

Discussion in 'General Questions & Installation Support' started by kinwolf, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

1. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

I installed 3.7 and started it to migrate my campaign, I left the computer for a couple hours and when I came back, I had people that connected to the game and even request for sending update of the session.

I admit I went :"WTF, how did they connect?"

So my question is, how come they found the game? Is it published somewhere? How can I block this? Is there a place we must check now to make it private?

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

With the new networking, everyone can see your game in the drop down list when they start up as a player. Next time you start your campaign, put a password in your password field before launching.

3. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Ah, didn't know that. It's the first time I started D20Pro with the new networking layer. Thanks.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. HippyCraig

HippyCraig New Member

I would like to suggest that at that start screen that a random generated password pre-fill that field every time. This would prevent accidental login's with an easy ability to override with your own password.

Or make it a mandatory field, so that it can't be blank.

#4 HippyCraig, Jul 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 8:55 AM
  5. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

I don't know, it becomes habit to set your PW after a bit of use. Also, some people may want to run an open game, so I'd hate to force them to use a pw.

6. HippyCraig

HippyCraig New Member

What about an option that can be turned on if you want it, off by default, kind of thing.

7. TwistedTechMike

TwistedTechMike New Member

Or default with a password which can be removed for open games?

8. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

I'd take it further and have a "Connect" button where D20Pro doesn't connect to anything until you decide so. it would be much better than having it advertised like it is now. When I sessions , , or simply fiddle in the program, there is absolutely no reason for D20Pro to advertise to all that it's running. I sure didn't like seeing all those connections attempt when I got back to my computer. If someone ever find a vulnerability in the software protocol and code, then it's only a small step to find a way to gain access(and let's face it, no software is ever 100% secure and java has many vulnerabilities itself)

But I guess clicking "Enable TCPIP" might do that?

#8 kinwolf, Jul 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 6:37 PM
  9. Krilion_GD

Staff Member

that is the current model. the password field is empty by default.

10. Krilion_GD

Staff Member

You can totally do this, just hit the enable TCP/IP toggle on the bottom, to use the old school method, and it will not show up on the sessions list. :)