1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Gamma World 7e (4e Rule Set)

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by BrashFink, Nov 29, 2010.

1. BrashFink

BrashFink New Member

Has anyone done anything with this yet? It is based on 4th Edition but has a few fairly massive changes: no classes, dual origins, no feats, no Ability Bonus at 4, 8, etc. I am thinking about looking into tweaking the rule set and see how it goes, but have not done this in d20 Pro (done it in a few other apps that will remain unnamed here).

I am thinking perhaps I can just make each of the Origin Combos a "Class". It will be horrible amassing all possible combos though. Some of the things like Ability bonus could go in here. The worst part is

Then perhaps the actual "Powers" could be used a Feats... not sure... I will need to look and see what can be tweaked. Anyone else have suggestions?

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

My regular group (minus me unfortunately) actually started a campaign for this last time we got together. I'm still working out how it will best fit into d20Pro though. I think the 4E people might have an easier time than I will.

3. BrashFink

BrashFink New Member

It seems like it is going to be pretty easy to "cheat" it in through just putting everything in manually and following some of the 4e conversions. I have already altered the skills list down to the 10 simplified skills in GW.

Still trying to figure out how to do the "Origins".

4. BrashFink

BrashFink New Member

Where in the world are the file locations on a Mac?

I seem to not be able to find anything in my library folders listed as 'd20pro' or 'mindgene'. I looked through the .app file also and to not see it in there... what am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them in an obscure area of the .app

This appears it is going to be easier than I thought, just a bit time consuming. I have edited the class file to have every "origin" in Gamma World. The only issue appears to be since they are classes it says you are level 2 with your two classes (2 origins you start with). This is minimal since ACTUAL level can be tracked in the various things... adding 1 to attacks, using ranks in skill for level, etc. There are no ranks in gamma world, every skill goes up every level. I think this is going to be easier then I thought... but we shall see as I continue.

The spells and feats files I have simply edited with one line saying "There are no xxx in Gamma World"

5. BrashFink

BrashFink New Member

Ugg... the more I mess with it, the more I notice what it is doing wrong. Hmm...

EDIT: Okay, starting to make some headway. I am starting to understand how it is doing certain things and finding ways around them. Once all setup it appears it will work fairly seamless.

6. kainne

kainne New Member

Hi
    I am new here. Thinking of running a gamma world campaign. Wondering if any one has map tiles of any kind that are post- apocalyptic. Thanks.

7. Thvor

Thvor New Member

BrashFink,

Did you ever complete this?

I've been DM'ing my friends through a GammaWorld campaign, and suddenly need to move (got a great job offer). There's no way we can finish the campaign before the move, and we'd like to continue it online if possible. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!
    -Thvor